www.traceyfern.com

Monday, April 14, 2014

Amelia Bloomer Project

I'm so excited to learn that Dare the Wind has been nominated for the 2015 Amelia Bloomer Project List.  This one is near and dear to me!  The Amelia Bloomer Project is an annual list of the best feminist books for young readers, compiled by a task force of the American Library Association.  The word 'feminist' has all sorts of connotations, all of which I proudly avow.  As the mom of two young women, I'm especially grateful for this nomination.  You can read more about the Project here and check out their past lists for some great fiction and nonfiction books about remarkable women. 

Here's Amelia sporting some of her finery:

Amelia Bloomer

2 comments:

  1. Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is an extremely well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.
    Recruiting software

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post. I was checking constantly this blog and I’m impressed! Extremely useful info specially the last part I care for such information a lot. I was seeking this certain info for a long time. Thank you and good luck.
    book subscription box UK

    ReplyDelete